Do you love lists? I love, love lists. And end of the year is perfect for us, list lovers because we are bombarded with posts listing all of the best and worst things of the year. Best of 2018 lists are especially great for me this time, because they help me to catch up with all of the books I missed on because of my absence in book community in last few months. I need to find out what I missed!
Here’s a list of my favorite Best of 2018 lists:
2018’S BEST BOOKS ABOUT BODIES by Bitch Media
The topic is close to my hear, so I love seeing a list of all the books that tackle body image topics.
On my TBR:
- HEAVY: AN AMERICAN MEMOIR by Kiese Laymon
- GROSS ANATOMY: DISPATCHES FROM THE FRONT (AND BACK) by Mara Altman
- YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN FAT by Virgie Tovar
- THE BODY IS NOT AN APOLOGY: THE POWER OF RADICAL SELF-LOVE by Sonya Renee Taylor
THE BEST FEMINIST BOOKS TO GIFT THIS CHRISTMAS by Elle.com + 11 FEMINIST BOOKS TO GIFT YOUR BESTIE WHO’S BUSY SMASHING THE PATRIARCHY by HelloGiggles
Combined those two list make a comprehensive list of great feminist books that 2018 brought us.
Highlights from Elle list:
- THE SURFACE BREAKS by Louise O’Neill
- BLOODY BRILLIANT WOMEN: THE PIONEERS, REVOLUTIONARIES AND GENIUSES YOUR HISTORY TEACHER FORGOT TO MENTION by Cathy Newman
- FED UP: EMOTIONAL LABOR, WOMEN, AND THE WAY FORWARD by Gemma Hartley
- FEMINISTS DON’T WEAR PINK (AND OTHER LIES): AMAZING WOMEN ON WHAT THE F-WORD MEANS TO THEM by Scarlett Curtis
Highlights from HelloGiggles list:
- BEYONCÉ IN FORMATION: REMIXING BLACK FEMINISM by Omise’eke Tinsley
- CAN WE ALL BE FEMINISTS? by June Eric-Udorie
- PERIOD POWER: A MANIFESTO FOR THE MENSTRUAL MOVEMENT by Nadya Okamoto
- FEMINASTY: THE COMPLICATED WOMAN’S GUIDE TO SURVIVING THE PATRIARCHY WITHOUT DRINKING HERSELF TO DEATH by Erin Gibson