This will the most random way of finding new exciting reads. Each week I’ll choose some random word and I’ll try to find books with this word in the title that I find interesting. This might result in my TBR growing exponentially. Each week though, I’ll first look if there’s a book that I already read that has this word in the title.
This week’s word is: you
– Books I’ve read –
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple – great book, and there’s a movie adaptation coming out this year. Read before you see the movie!
- What Belongs to You by Garth Greenwell – beautifully written male queer novel.
- So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson – a must-read for everyone with any kind of internet presence, so everyone basically.
– Books I want to read –
- You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott – mystery about death in gymnastic community featuring gymnastic prodigy and Olympic hopeful
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo – collection of essays on race, politics, discrimination, privilege
- Call Me by Your Name by André Aciman – movie adaptation recently came out and I’m seeing this book everywhere which spike my interest in reading it. It’s a story of a romance between an adolescent boy and a summer guest at his parents’ cliff-side mansion on the Italian Riviera.
Words for next weeks:
26th February – winter
5th March – start
12th March – spring
19th March – wind
26th March – bird