Down the TBR Hole is a weekly meme hosted by Lia @Lost in a Story. Rules are:
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
- Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs – the blurb makes it sound bizarre and worrisome, I’m not interested enough to pick it up. – REMOVE –
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien – probably the most well-known fantasy series, I’ve seen movies and I really liked them. I have to be honest though, I’m not at all excited to read this book. – REMOVE –
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini – I’m keeping this one on my TBR, I’m curious to read how the topic of mental health is done in this story. – KEEP –
- Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan – I’m not on keen on reading a romance book set in high school. I might bring it back on my TBR in the future, but right now I’m feeling it should go. – REMOVE –
- The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir – I have a physical copy of this book and it’s massive. But I’m determined to read it one day. – KEEP –
- The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf – I hated Wolf’s Vagina: A New Biography, but from the reviews on this book, I gather that this is a different and much better book. I’m curious to find out. – KEEP –
I must say, it felt good to remove some of the books from my TBR. Have you read any of the books from my Down the TBR Hole list? Tell me what you think about my decisions on keeping and removing books.