I’ve never done a proper reading challenge. One that lists all the different types of books I should read. The reading challenge I did is the Goodreads one when I just set a goal of how many books I’ll read this year. But in 2018 I want to seriously do one proper reading challenge. The problem is which one to choose? Here is a very comprehensive list of all 2018 reading challenges.
In this post, I’m collecting all of the reading challenges I found interesting in a hope that this will help me choose one of them.
- 2018 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge – 40 book prompts. Prompts I like: A book by a local author, A book about feminism, A book mentioned in another book. Prompts I don’t like: A book about or set on Halloween, A book set at sea, A book with song lyrics in the title
- Pick one of the 50 great ideas for DIY Reading Challenges by Book Riot
- BOOK RIOT’S 2018 READ HARDER CHALLENGE – 24 prompts. Prompts I like: A romance novel by or about a person of colour, A sci-fi novel with a female protagonist by a female author, A book with a female protagonist over the age of 60. Prompts I don’t like: A western. So it’s only one prompt I’m not a fan of, this seems promising.
- Around the Year in 52 Books – ok, there are so many great prompts for this challenge I cannot even make a simple list here.
- Bookish’s 2018 Reading Challenge – A lot of the prompts aren’t very unique or challenging, and it the USA focused as some of the prompts mention states you live in.
- Modern Mrs Darcy The 2018 Reading Challenge – what I like about this challenge it’s that it’s small, only 12 prompts. I like that this challenge won’t take over my whole reading plans, because thought the year I can easily choose 12 books that will suit one of the prompts, it’s harder when there are 52 prompts…
- Riveted 25 Reading Goals – prompts about dysfunctional family dynamics and book with a POC on the cover are standing out for me in this challenge.
I cannot commit to any of those challenges… But I’ll be revisiting them in few weeks for sure.
What reading challenges are you participating in this year? Any challenge that you’d recommend?